We’re pleased to report that one hundred libraries have now chosen Library Anywhere as their mobile catalog! Library Anywhere takes an existing OPAC and makes it mobile—you can also create a custom homepage with Library Anywhere (add hours, events, contact info and more)—making it your entire mobile library website.
Library Anywhere is flexible, and works with a wide variety of systems—which means we’re used by a wide range of libraries—from small public libraries and school libraries to large universities and huge consortia of public libraries. A few examples (of many):
- Ocean State Libraries (RI, WebPAC PRO)
- Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (OR, WebPAC PRO)
- Libraries Online (CT, WebPAC PRO)
- Forest Park Public Library (IL, WebPAC PRO)
- Institute of Technology Carlow (Ireland, WebPAC PRO)
- Özye?in University (Turkey, WebPAC PRO)
- University of Cincinnati Libraries (OH, WebPAC PRO)
- University of Nebraska (NE, WebPAC PRO)
- Wake County Public Library (NC, Horizon)
- City of Playford, (Australia, Horizon)
- Richland County Public Library (SC, Horizon)
- Chandler Public Library (AZ, Sirsi e-Library)
- Creswell Library (OR, Sirsi e-Library)
- Milwaukee County Federated Library System (WI, WebPAC PRO)
- North Vancouver City Library (Canada, Sirsi e-Library)
- Clifton Forge Public Library, (VA, Polaris)
- Samuel Merritt University (CA, Koha)
- University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (NJ, Voyager 7)
- Southampton City Libraries (UK, Spydus)
See all the libraries using Library Anywhere listed here or just click the … menu within Library Anywhere and choose “Select a Library”.
What it includes. Library Anywhere includes an iPhone app, an Android app, a mobile web version, and the Universal/Accessible version, which works on any phone with web-browsing capabilities (Blackberry app coming soon). In short, something for everyone and every phone.
What it does. Library Anywhere lets you search the catalog, place holds, renew items. It does what the regular catalog does, but in a mobile friendly form. You can also create a custom homepage on Library Anywhere, so you can include hours and location information, event and other RSS feeds, contact or “ask a librarian” links, and more!
Learn more about Library Anywhere here.
To order Library Anywhere, or get a free trial, call 877 340-2400, or email Peder.Christensen@bowker.com. You can also email questions to Abby@librarything.com.
|Universal version (works on any phone)||Android version|