We’re happy to report that more than 40 libraries around the world have made their catalogs mobile with Library Anywhere since we launched last month. It’s a wide range of libraries, from small public libraries and school libraries to large universities and huge consortia of public libraries. And with over 100 more libraries in various stages of testing, we’re excited about Library Anywhere really taking off.
Try out a few:
- Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Service (OR, WebPAC PRO)
- Frisco Public Library (TX, Sirsi e-Library)
- ITT Dublin (Ireland, WebPAC PRO)
- Mountain View Public Library (CA, WebPAC PRO)
- Nanyang Technological University (Singapore, Sirsi iLink)
- Vernon Area Public Library District (IL, Horizon)
- Libraries Online (CT, WebPAC PRO)
- Des Moines Public Library (IA, Horizon)
- Wake County Public Library (NC, Horizon)
- Brisbane City Council Library Service (Australia, Sirsi iBistro)
- University of Nebraska (NE, WebPAC PRO)
- Keele University (UK, WebPAC)
- Farmington Community Library (MI, Polaris)
See all the libraries using Library Anywhere listed here or just click the … menu within Library Anywhere and choose “Select a Library”.
What does it do? Library Anywhere lets you search the catalog, save items for later, request and renew materials, and more. It can display events listings, ask a librarian links, and other mobile pages, and libraries can completely customize their “homepage”.
Systems. Library Anywhere works with all the major OPAC systems, including: III (Webpac and Webpac Pro), Horizon Information Portal, Sirsi (eLibrary, iBistro, iLink, Web2), Polaris, Civica Spydus, Voyager 7, Koha, Destiny Follett and Infocentre, and Companion Alexandria. We’ll be adding support for more systems as we go (Aleph is next on the to-do list), so if you don’t see your system listed here, let us know!