Anyway, I flogged the ARC for so long that, when it came out, LibraryThing bought a small box of hardcovers direct from the publisher–to give out at conferences, to thank people for inviting me to talk, and so forth. I still have half a box. So I’m going to open it up to the whole LibraryThing community.
I’ve created a thread Contest: What does tagging do to knowledge?
- If you want the book, come there and say a word or two about tagging.
- It doesn’t need to be a big deal. A few sentences with some examples would be fine.
- You can talk about tagging on LibraryThing or other sites. You can do personal tagging, global tag pages, the new tagmash feature, David’s talks, my talk, Clay Shirky’s talk, your talk, or whatever.
- You can say something positive, something negative or just ask an interesting question.
- You can post as many messages as you want, but you don’t get more chances, duh.
I’m not going to pick winners. I’m just going to randomly pick ten members who left comments. But you can’t just say “I want a book.”
*No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Also void where discouraged, unseemly or tacky. We pay to mail it. You are responsible for taxes. My taxes.