LibraryThing is hiring a full-time Junior Social Media Specialist. We’re looking for someone who is bookish, local (Portland, ME area), and social media-savvy. You’d be working closely with Loranne, our Member Support and Social Media Librarian, here at LTHQ in Portland.
- Live in or near Portland, ME
- Love books
- Love people, at least sometimes
- Be familiar with social media, and bookish social media
- Write and edit well and quickly
- Work both independently and under direction
- Be hard-working, organized, and detail-oriented enough to remember to title your job application email “[Name]: Job Application”
- Be aware of What Makes LibraryThing LibraryThing
We’ll pick smarts, affability and drive over any skill. But our ideal candidate would have:
- Book-world experience
- Professional social media experience
- Technical skills (HTML, CSS, SQL)
- LibraryThing membership/familiarity
Your duties include:
- Help members with problems via email, Talk and social media
- Help write our monthly newsletters, blog posts, tweets, and Facebook posts
- Help developers to develop and test new features and projects
- Be an active presence on the site
- Manage incoming/outgoing mail, and some general office management tasks
Experience-appropriate salary with gold-plated health and dental insurance. We require hard work, but we are flexible about hours, and–so long as you are in the area–where you work from.
How to apply:
Send your resume (in PDF format, please) to email@example.com. Your email should be your cover letter.