After more than a year of development we are ready to unveil the “LibraryThing-e,” an ebook reader from LibraryThing. Built in a friendly and fruitful partnership with Amazon, the LibraryThing-e reader includes all your favorite LibraryThing features, and is a fully-functioning ereader designed from the ground up for hard-core bibliophiles.
- Read books on a high-contrast E Ink screen, good for reading in bright light or shade.
- Download new books with built-in Wifi and 3G connections.
- LibraryThing-e’s patented “LikeaBook®” casing feels like fine morocco leather and emits a faint “old book” smell.
- Access Your books, Profile and Talk sections of the LibraryThing website, with special ereader-enhanced version of Tagwatch.
- The LibraryThing-e reference collection includes special editions of the American Heritage Dictionary and the Anglo-American Cataloguing Rules, Second Edition.
- Though a ground-breaking arrangement with most publishers, the LibraryThing-e comes pre-installed with up to 200 of your LibraryThing books already scanned in; HarperCollins titles are restricted to a 26-page sample.
- Docks easily with the CueCat barcode scanner (included).
- Import books from a variety of other devices, including the Nookmooch® and GoodReader® platforms.
- Text-to-Speech option with a choice of voices, including American voices (“Tim” and “Abby”) and an Australian option (“John”). “Zoë” is available as an expansion.
- Most books are available in more than 12 languages, including French, Dutch, Catalan and Latin.
- Built-in geolocation and our Readar™ technology matches your library with that of other LibraryThing-e readers nearby. A special expanded “Unsuggester” feature tells you where your reading-nemesis is at all times.
- Comes in two colors: “LibraryThing Brown” and “Original Greige.” “Abby Maroon” is backordered.
- All features are optional.
Best of all, the LibraryThing-e will begin shipping in two weeks!