LibraryThing is hiring a bookish, social-media savvy employee. We want someone passionate about books and about book lovers, and excited to take social cataloging and bookish social networking to the next level. LibraryThing takes a different approach to social media, and the job is a step above the usual “social media manager” position with its overtones of being “the face” of a company, and of manipulation and fakeness.
This is a Portland, Maine position exclusively. We want someone who can come into the office most days. If we find the right candidate, we will help you relocate. Portland is a great place to live.
You must be:
- Deeply familiar with social media
- Able to write well and quickly
- Able to work and set goals independently
- Able to think big, but also handle details
- Hard-working, smart, driven, optimistic, organized and productive
- A passionate bibliophile
- LibraryThing membership, familiarity
- Librarian, bookseller, publishing or other book-industry background
- Experience designing software features or interfaces
- Technical skills (HTML, CSS, SQL, PHP, etc.)
- No cheese allergies
- Write newsletters and blog posts
- Suggest and help develop new features and projects
- Look for new opportunities and set priorities for yourself and others
- Work with publishers, authors and other actors (eg., coordinate and expand the Early Reviewer program)
- Attend trade shows and so forth, at need
- Maintain LibraryThing’s presence on Twitter, Facebook and other social media
Salary plus gold-plated health and dental insurance. We require hard work, but we are flexible about hours.
How to apply:
Resume is good. Don’t send one of those overboiled cover letters, but a brief introduction would be good, followed perhaps by recapitulating the bullets above and saying briefly how they do or don’t fit you. Send emails to email@example.com.